Thursday, March 02, 2006

Been playin' with my camera

I've been 'playing' with my camera, seeing what the real limits of the little rascal are. I've started taking 'textural pictures' the image was taken to capture a texture of some sort.

I am more impressed with my last-years-model-make-room-for-new sale digital camera than when I bought it a year and a half ago. It has great focus for evertything but extreme closeups.




The shots that surprise me over and over are the distance shots, and action shots, the images are far sharper than a non-digital camera. Because of the clarity of the image some very good pictures can emerge.


A couple of days ago I helped my brother fix the plumbing, my help consisted of standing next to the spigot to the whole house, and turh the water onn or off, depending on what Matt was doing. I carried my cell phone, with caller ID and when Matt would call me I would change the status of the water. Since I didn't answer the call neither of us were charged any minutes.


It was a typical warm, monsoonal early spring day in Apache Junction, a thinking-about-being-cool breeze that wished for moisture lifting the hair from my temples. I looked at the sky and my Muse whispered "Camera..." Being often obedient of my Muse (I think her name is MizzNEP), I fetched my camera and took pictures of clouds, bushes, mountains, and assorted flowers, with a shot or two of Oleander seeds tumbling out of the seed-pod.


1 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Blogger Believer said...

Wow, you must have great reflexes to have captured this one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home