Thursday, August 25, 2005

a little painting


Learning to deal with odd sightedness and paint on smaller canvases than I am used to. Major factor here being one of cost, these small canvases (10x8) were found at the dollar store. I had done the sketches for these over the last few weeks spent mostly in bed. finally yesterday I had it in me to be upright long enough and with amazig burst of passion and frenzy painted for five hours straight. I am actually pleased, unusual feeling for me, I normally have to work at not pitching the lot ito a corner to awauit recycling into soemthing else whenever I can next face what I have done. These, however, are allowed display on my wall. Pehaps because I am just so damned happy to be painting at all.


Today I painted these two wooden boxes. The one on the left is for my mam's birthday and has thefour seasons as a theme. The second box is a flurry of colours my garden now displays as seen with my altered eyesight.

aletta

ps. where is everyone, on holiday?

5 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Dear Aletta
I am not sure if you got my mail but everyone is off touring through an exotic cyber realm with none other than the Sibylline Enchantress. It involves packing, walking through a door and entering the subterranean cave. Stephanie has been talked into coming and has only just packed her bags, so perhaps we can lure you onto the pathway. You can just bring your sketch books and amble along at your own pace. There are guides to help you find your way and you would be free to stop in some places for extended periods. Do contact me if we can lure you to join us.
love Heather

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger aletta said...

I'm considering if I can commit or not, I don't like to start something and then not finish. Happy Birthday darling, may the next year be full of wonderful surprises. Love you lot, ((((hugs))))
aletta

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Stop considering, be daring and get your backside over here. I will send invitations and force your hand sweet pea. You don't have to promise anything, you can have your own little domain and have everyone come to you, you can go to only those places you feel like visiting but you will never feel lonely while you are involved.
Thanks for the birthday greetings Aletta. This was a big one for me - marking a whole new era of creativity

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger wrr said...

Hi Aletta.

I'm new here. Love the boxes! The semestral break is about 4 weeks away so, no I'm not on holiday. I wish I was though.

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger wrr said...

Ooh, where is this subterranean cave excursion? Sounds interesting. Gosh, I'm beginning to know what you mean with this blogging addiction vortex, Heather.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home