Tuesday, February 22, 2005

My Painting of "The Persona - Masks"

Well, here you go Heather, love - an image. This is part of a study I have been doing on Jung’s Archetypes. This is the Persona. Each one of the characters is a separate painting. I had a good time with the dresses and especially the masks. When I decided where I wanted to put them together, I decided on a dance studio because of the mirrors. Of course, the point being that there are these big banks of mirrors, but there are no reflections; this is part of the idea of the mask. I decided to place my paintings on a photograph rather than painting the studio, for contrast. I was very pleased with the effect that I got since the floor, windows and even ceiling are shiny and contrast with the muted softness of my characters. I was pleased with the way I managed to lay the characters in as well, the one in the Viking mask turned out looking huge, which was what I wanted, the girl with her hands on her waist pulls focus, which she should. All in all, I was very pleased with the way it turned out.
~ Winnie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home