Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I like clouds


How ironic it is that someone who is fascinated by clouds, and enjoys thunder-and-snow-storms should live in a state where it is said that "The sun shines 360 days a year.". I have long been in the habit of taking my camera with me wherever I go, and take pictures of all sorts of clouds regularly. Perhaps one day I will make a collage of storm clouds... if I can make it work the way I wish!!

When storms do reach the desert, especially the 'Monsoons' they arrive in violent glory. Winds hiss through the palo verde leaves and swirl bougainvillea blossoms
into miniature deep rose coloured dust devils. The clouds come, grumbling amongst themselves across the flat expanse of the 'Real Desert', dropping and darkening to near black as they come. Between explosive snarls of thunder and lightning that cuts the sky into jagged wedges the winds gain force and direction.

1 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

A cloud watch could be so much fun. What a great post Gwen. You are right on fire up there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home